Our Physiotherapists regularly treat sciatica and sciatic nerve pain sufferers have terrific results!
Sciatica is characterised by pain that starts in the lower back or buttock and travels into one or both legs. Sciatic nerve pain often varies in its’ intensity and frequency, however usually there will be a component of sharp, jabbing or “electric shock” pains that radiate into the legs. Sciatica pain is also commonly associated with burning, numbness and tingling sensations. Muscle weakness is another frequent symptom of scitica that requires careful monitoring.
Typically, sciatica is made worse by bending, lifting, sneezing and coughing. Sciatica is a common problem for manual workers, sedentary office workers and is particularly prevalent during pregnancy.
- Glute tightness
- Piriformis syndrome
- Herniated disc
- Poor posture or prolonged sitting
- Poor lifting technique
- Common in pregnancy
- Radiating pain through the buttock, down the back of the leg –usually one sided but both can be affected
- Sharp or electric pain
- Numbness or pins and needles
- Can range from infrequent and irritating to severe and debilitating
- Symptoms are often made worse by bending, sitting, lifting, sneezing or coughing
- Focus on removing pressure on the sciatic nerve
- Spinal mobilisations, Muscular release/trigger point, acupuncture and dry needling
- Stretching and trigger point release
- Posture and lifting technique modifications
- Core strengthening
- Self Trigger Point
- Sciatic nerve floss
- Glute stretch
- TA activation + progressions
All injuries are treated by our physiotherapists at Revive Physio. Don’t suffer any longer, make an appointment to alleviate your pain.